Job Title Executive Assistant
Reports To President and Board of Directors
FLSA Status Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities Yes
The ideal candidate will be highly organized with excellent multi-tasking and time management skills; a confident professional with a strong commitment to the values of Rotary; will maintain the Club’s strong business community presence; represent the Club with passion and commitment; and will communicate and deliver the value of the Club to members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Club President in effective administration and implementation of club’s policies, programs and procedures. Interacts with a variety of constituencies including, Board of Directors, Foundation Trustees, Committee Chairs, members at large, and representatives of District 5220 as well as other Rotary Clubs and Rotary International.
• Communicates District and Rotary International policies, procedures and programs to members as appropriate. Assures that the President and Board are kept informed of relevant changes.
• Facilitates weekly, monthly and annual meetings through effective coordination with appropriate parties, including but not limited to Directors, Trustees, Committee Chairs, members at large and vendors. Ensures that all necessary, supporting documentation, especially comprehensive and accurate meeting agendas, is assembled in advance of meeting for review by president followed by distribution in a timely manner to all meeting participants when necessary.
• Plan and assemble the comprehensive weekly club meeting agenda, and apply a specific timeline that will drive the flow of the meeting. Assist the president on planning, coordinating all participants of the meeting. This includes the verification of each person’s attendance and readiness to complete their scheduled role and requirement. Examples include; special event announcements, committee presentations, new member talks, vocational talks, PF Fellow presentations, etc. This also includes supporting the president to secure adequate BR & T contributors at each week’s meeting.
• Coordinates development of annual club budget with President, President-elect and President Nominee. Works closely with designated accounting firm to ensure sound fiscal oversight of the Club’s finances.
• Consistent with the ethics of Rotary, represents the Club in a positive, professional manner in all written and oral communication. Adheres to personal grooming standards, consistent with a polished, professional image.
• Attends such meetings as Board Meeting, Foundation Board Meetings, and other such meetings as designated by the President.
Competencies and Qualifications:
• Display personal qualities of high integrity and professionalism.
• Diligent self-starter who takes initiative to drive club policies and requests, of the Club President, Board of Directors, Foundation Trustees and Committee Chairs.
• Community service oriented and demonstrated commitment to the ideals of Rotary International.
• Must maintain regular office hours at a minimum of 8:30am-2:30pm Monday through Friday. The job requires 30-35 hours weekly. Compensatory time may be taken when attendance is required at monthly Board meetings, Floating Make-ups, etc.
• Must have the ability to plan, organize and follow through on multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy. Ensure that all stakeholders are heard and appreciated without compromising the outcome.
• Proficient with technology and Social Media, including Website maintenance and Facebook. Proven ability with QuickBooks, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Publisher.
• Manage basic bookkeeping duties, including banking transactions, tracking and accounting for receipts of funds with complete accuracy.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle for use during business hours,
• Must have the ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Ability to sit for long periods of time. Position requires standing, bending and lifting up to 10lbs. Must be able to use standard keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Target is $21.00/hour.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to Pete Herrmann at firstname.lastname@example.org