Modesto Rotary Club is committed to serving others who are in need. Some of our projects over the years include:
- Construction of the MoRo Music Garden at the Gallo Center for the Arts
- In partnership with other local Rotary clubs, converted a quarter mile of the Virginia Corridor (a former railroad track) to non-motorized use for walking and biking along with sitting areas.
- Construction of the Red Shield Recreation Center for the Salvation Army.
- Construction of the Rotary Pavilion in Graceada Park.
- Installation of playground equipment at Robertson Road Park and Oregon Park.
- Construction of classrooms for Red Shield Center.
Music Garden Grand Opening
ANNUAL COMMUNITY PROJECTS AND EVENTS
- Partners with Stanislaus County Office of Education to award Teacher of the Year Awards.
- Dictionary/Chapter Book Project (Partner with other local Rotary clubs).
- Donate speaker-signed books to a local elementary school.
- Host the Senior Stride Walk at East LaLoma Park in September, promoting senior health and fitness.
- Award Academic and Vocational Scholarships to local high school students.
- 5th Saturdays, prepares and serves breakfast at the Salvation Army.
- Participates in LOVE Modesto, Viriginia Corridor cleanup.
The Modesto Rotary Club’s International Services Committee actively fulfills the mission of Rotary International to “advance international understanding, goodwill and peace.” The committee selects projects that positively impact the health, education and welfare of people in other countries. Committee members actively leverage – via matching grants – funds raised to maximize project outcomes.